Life will often deliver the value and balance we desire when we are achieving and enjoying something every day in all the important areas of our lives.
- Put time into building and maintaining relationships with friends and family and spend time with people who share your interests. Sporting groups and special interest clubs are great ways to meet new people.
- Make time for activities you enjoy; playing with your pets, reading, cooking or anything else that makes you happy.
- Look after your physical health – a healthy body contributes to a healthy mind. Get plenty of sleep and stay physically active and choose healthy foods.
- Challenge yourself to learn a new skill or try a new activity.
- Learn to say ‘no’ more often, both at work and in your personal life. Aim to create balance between the things you have to do and the things you want to do.
- Make sure you have enough time in your day to rest, relax and get some exercise.
- Learn some relaxation exercises. An internet search will provide some tips on how to to relax your breathing and reduce muscle tension.
- If you are feeling overwhelmed by stress, talk to someone you trust. This may be a friend or family member, or your doctor or counsellor.
If you’re talking to a mate who’s having some issues, but you’re not sure how you can help
don’t hesitate to contact OzHelp on their behalf. We can arrange a field visit to meet your mate onsite.