People can develop a problem with gambling for a whole host of reasons. Most people have spent money on gambling at some point in their life e.g. buying a raffle ticket. For many people it is an activity that they do simply to entertain themselves. For others it can become a problem and have a negative impact on their quality of life.
- Gambling can be fun but it is not a way to make money or recoup losses.
- Set your own limits. How long to play, how much to spend and stop if you reach your limit.
- Gambling costs to play. Use the money set aside for it, not money meant for other things or borrowed money.
- Deal with problems that crop up. Gambling won’t make things better.
- Stay sober when gambling. Avoid a gambling hangover.
- Look after yourself. Spend some time doing different things you enjoy.
Call OzHelp 1300 694 357
If you’re talking to a mate who’s having some issues, but you’re not sure how you can help
don’t hesitate to contact OzHelp on their behalf. We can arrange a field visit to meet your mate onsite.