- Why Give to OzHelp?
- According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2,522 males died by suicide in 2013. The need to halt this epidemic, and to use innovative ways to reach men with important mental health and wellbeing information is both urgent and immense.
Targeted early intervention, through services and support provided by the OzHelp Foundation is helping to address the issues surrounding suicide, and instilling social capabilities and life skills in men that work in hard to reach industries or communities.
The OzHelp Foundation is a not for profit, community based mental health support organisation that relies almost exclusively on funding from external sources in order to continue its important work.
A donation to the OzHelp Foundation is an investment in the future physical and mental health of working age men, and all donations of $2 and over are fully tax deductible.
Thank you for your support.
- OzHelp Research and Advocacy
- OzHelp Foundation is currently seeking additional funds for Research and Advocacy program. Further funding in this area will enable OzHelp Foundation to:
- Build capability and expertise in evidence based research, that will assist our organisation to develop and deliver suicide prevention strategies and life affirming skills in industry and community settings.
- Be a key opinion leader on working with employees in industry settings with a particular focus on apprentices and trainees.
- Engage ‘champions’ to promote the work of OzHelp Foundation.
We are currently seeking the following funds related to this area:
Literature review/development of evidence base around the OzHelp Program Model
Evaluation of the OzHelp Program Model
Evaluation of our ALERT program