Regardless of the size, location or industry of your business, we can tailor an ongoing practical, evidence-based program that will have a positive impact on the lives of your employees, both at work and at home.
How it works
Our approach to employee health and wellbeing isn’t just about training programs. Our evidence-based approach incorporates training and education, workplace health screening, support and counselling.
Our training programs focus on prevention and early intervention – encouraging a focus on mental, physical, social and emotional wellbeing. Through training and 1:1 engagement we aim to empower your employees to cope during life’s challenges, engage in self-care, and seek help for themselves or for others when it’s needed.
A crucial step in supporting workplace health and wellbeing is to understand and monitor how your workforce is doing. Actual insights will help you to focus on areas that may require specific intervention – this is where our health screening can help.
Workplace health screening can produce a de-identified data report to:
- track the mental, physical, social and emotional wellbeing of your workforce as well as to compare the wellbeing of their workplaces with like organisations
- Provide insights and results tailored to your business, based on your workplace data
Your workers will also benefit directly from this health screen. At completion they will have access to:
- A snapshot of their overall health
- Next-step recommendations for any health concerns, this may include referral pathways or links to resources
- Ongoing access to our wellbeing support team
Most importantly, if a health screen result indicates a health concern, a wellbeing team member will connect the participant to give assistance and offer support.
Our wellbeing support team will follow-up with participants who have presented as at-risk through the health screen or during a training session. Participants can also call us at any time, and you can speak with us if you are concerned about an employee or co-worker.
Most importantly, all participants are provided with support to help them develop plans and/or tools to address their concerns, or guide them to other services such as their doctor, a counsellor, a psychologist, or crisis services.
Our programs can integrate with Employee Assistance Programs to ensure a seamless approach. This provides a single access point for your employees with a formal handover if ongoing or specific counselling is required.
All our programs utilise a program content structure that can be tailored to meet the needs of your specific industry and workplace environment.
This short interactive workshop is designed to assist people in understanding how they can improve their health and wellbeing.
An awareness workshop designed to increase understanding about depression, anxiety, resilience and suicide, including warning signs to watch out for. This program includes access to our health screening.
This session will equip selected staff to be ready, willing and able to have a meaningful conversation around mental health and wellbeing.
ASIST is an interactive workshop in suicide first aid created by LivingWorks. Participants learn to recognise when someone may be at risk of suicide and respond in ways that help increase their immediate safety and link them to further help.
A convenient way for your workforce to access the health screening is to complete it online. Our digital health-check provides employees with results to encourage action and most importantly this links them with ongoing support and referral pathways if needed.
Our Tradies Tune Up health check is available at selected worksites. Our field officer and nurse provide quick health assessments while your employees are on the job. These health checks link employees to ongoing support and referral pathways if needed.
For your business:
- Higher staff satisfaction
- Higher employee engagement
- Reduced absenteeism
- Increased productivity
- Improved staff retention
- Fewer injuries and workers’ compensation claims
- Increased employee morale
- Improved staff health
- Greater team cohesiveness
- Being an employer of choice
For your employees:
- De-stigmatisation and increased awareness of mental health
- A pathway of support
- Identification of issues with step-by-step processes for taking action
- Capacity to seek and access help
- Greater individual resilience
- A positive ripple effect that benefits employees their families and the communities in which they live and socialise