Join OzHelp’s Reference Group
OzHelp is calling for expressions of interest from people with experience in, or connection to, high risk industries including building and construction, mining, transport, and agriculture, based in the ACT, to be representatives on the OzHelp Reference Group.
Members of the Reference Group will have the opportunity to influence OzHelp’s services, and advocate for issues relevant and meaningful to them. They will be encouraged to share their ideas, experience, and input on how OzHelp can improve its services to better reach and relate to blue-collar workers.
The group will meet monthly, and OzHelp will provide offers of training and support to compensate for their time. Places are limited.
Ideal applicants include anyone who is based in the ACT, has either worked in the building and construction, transport, mining, farming, and agriculture industries, or has experience supporting those working in these industries; and has an interest in mental health and suicide prevention. OzHelp encourages those who answer yes to the following questions, to apply.
- Could you offer ideas for how OzHelp can better meet industry needs?
- Can you advise OzHelp on current industry issues?
- Can you assist with brainstorming how we could reach workers in your community who need our services most?
- Are you able to help OzHelp evaluate what is working and what might need changing?
- Can you provide input on how OzHelp can improve the experience of clients who use our services?
- Could you share your story, attend community events, and/or assist with the creation of social media campaigns?
If this sounds like you please complete the form below. If you have any questions about the Reference Group, please call 1300 694 357 and ask to speak with Lesa.
Applications will close on Friday 21st of January.