Practicing affirmation will prepare your mind to be focused, productive and well every day.
Why it matters.
- Affirmations are short, powerful, positive statements of action that you start your day with and repeat through the day.
- Repeating affirmations when you first wake up tells your brain how you want to live through your day. (takes 30 seconds)
- Repeating affirmations through the day keeps you focused and productive. (takes 10 seconds)
- Repeat affirmations while you are driving or during a break.
What should I do?
Tips for effective affirmations:
- Prepare your affirmation in advance.
- Write your affirmation in your phone or a small notebook you can keep in your pocket. Your affirmation should be short, sharp and focused on now (I am instead of I’m going to).
- List your negative qualities and flip them in your affirmations: if you are stressed and angry your affirmation could be “I am stress-free and calm”.
- Experiment with how different affirmations make you feel. Choose the affirmation that leads to you feeling focused and confident.
- As you repeat your affirmation, imagine yourself as that person. If your affirmation is “I am stress-free and calm” – imagine yourself as that stress-free and calm person.
- Repeat your affirmation with energy and a smile (science shows this magnifies the benefits of your affirmation).
- Make your affirmation part of your routine. Repeat your affirmation as though you mean it (with energy and a smile), even when you don’t feel like you mean it. (“Fake it till you make it”).
- Repeat the affirmation throughout the day – schedule it. Combine it with taking deep breaths for double benefit.
- Change your affirmations when you need to flip a different negative quality about yourself.
Read more here
The information provided by OzHelp Foundation Ltd is general information only and does not take into consideration your own personal circumstances. Before acting upon any information provided, please consider if the information is suitable to meet your own objectives and seek health advice specific to your needs, if appropriate.
Accordingly, OzHelp Foundation Ltd and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including without limitation liability by reason of negligence) to any users of the information provided for any loss or damage (consequential or otherwise), cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation in the information.